Payments - Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer looking for your next challenge? We are building a team here in our Malta tech hub of talented engineers ready to kick start on our Payments Integration projects!
About the Job
This role sits within our Payments Area, where the team works on developing and enhancing the payment system and solutions at this stage of the customer journey. The platform supports various payment options such as VISA, Master Card, electronic wallets like PayPal, prepaid cards, bank transfers and many others.
Payments team is developing Payment system and solutions for our online entertainment platform. The role of Senior DevOps Engineer means that you will join and influence a project which is being created using the latest technologies (.Net Core, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), SOA, multi-tier distributed and highly scalable architecture, and test automation. We are a very Agile team that uses Scrum and common sense to assist in development. We’re currently in transition from on-prem Windows/IIS/.NET stack to AWS EKS/Rancher/Docker/.Net Core, we have multiregion/multiaccount AWS setup and few on-prem Datacenters.
What you'll do
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- This role is meant for the one who is comfortable with infrastructure and configuration, but also happy to roll up their sleeves, troubleshooting, debug, and ship features
- You will be working in close cooperation with developers/QAs, Tech and Security Ops in Kyiv team and across all our offices to manage, monitor and support the build/deploy processes and production environments
- You don’t have to be an expert in all below technologies and fit into all requirements, we’re T-shaped engineers and work as a team
Who you are
- 5+ years engineering background, experience in build and support production environment
- Experience working with container orchestrators and related services (Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher, Helm, ALB controller, Cillium, ExternalDNS etc.)
- Experience in administering the AWS Cloud Platform (VPC, ALB/NLB, EC2, ASG, EBS, Route53, Cloudfront, WAF, Lambda, IAM, RDS, S3, Cloudwatch)
- Experience in implementing infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience in Monitoring tools (ELK stack, Prometheus/Grafana/Loki stack, Splunk)
- Understanding the principles of building fault-tolerant systems
- General understanding of networking (routing, subnets, gateways)
- Experience in building CI/CD systems and processes (TeamCity, GithubActions)
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub)
- Experience with Windows/IIS
- Knowledge and experience with relational database administration (MSSQL)
Extra awesome if you have..
- PCI DSS compliance principals understanding
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, etc)
- Experience with SRE practices
- Knowledge/experience with NoSQL, CockroachDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Nginx
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Understanding of GitOps practices and experience in implementation, using ArgoCD/FluxCD
Where you'll be
Where in the world? For this role you are based in our HQ – Malta. Furthermore we offer 10 days per year of remote work from any EU location.
Prefer to work mostly from home? Not a problem! We offer a hybrid working model which gives our Betssonites the best of two worlds: 2 days working from the office to connect and collaborate in person and 3 days working from home to reflect our employee's preference.
- Become part of an extended family consisting of 60+ nationalities, 75% millennials and 10% GenX.
- Grow in your career through various different learning and development programs.
- Join an equal opportunity employer where 40% of our workforce are women, and growing.
- Become part of a passionate and industry leading team whose mission is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry.
What to know more about the employee benefits we offer in Malta? Read about it on our careers page: Read more about Malta here
At Betsson we like differences. It’s clear for us that we benefit from diversity and that we as a company become stronger and more competitive when hiring people with varying backgrounds, experiences and cultures.