Purchasing Executive (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsClient Relations Diploma in Procurement Logistics Maltese Monitoring Organisational and Time Management Relationship-Building Supply Chain Management (SCM) Teamwork Time Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Issue purchase orders and send approved copies to suppliers and requests in a timely manner;
- Serve as a point of reference to all stakeholders for the provision of accurate and detailed information regarding the order status, changes or cancellation of order;
- Chase suppliers on any late orders by continuous follow-up;
- Co-ordinate with the Logistics personnel to ensure all deadlines are met and deliveries are conducted in a timely manner;
- Provide timely information for the formulation of forecasts;
- Monitor material usage through reports, budget and trends;
- Make sure all products purchased are up to the desired quality and specifications requested as per company standards;
- Negotiate for the best purchasing package in terms of quality, price, payment terms, delivery and service with suppliers, including negotiating of any price increases;
- Go through datasheets and ensure that the items being ordered meet the needs of the requesters;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Maintain and improve working relationships with existing suppliers;
- Look for better suppliers, to improve; landed cost, quality, credit terms, project related purchases and exclusivity where it makes sense;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Have a basic knowledge of Logistics;
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Hold a MQF Level 4 Diploma or higher in Procurement/Supply Chain and/or technical/electrical background;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese.
- Have good communication skills;
- Have organisational and time management skills;
- Able to negotiate and network with suppliers;
- Be team player and able to work proactively.