QA Engineer- Remote Turkey
This role is open for remote applications within Turkey. You can work from any location within Turkey that you want. If you prefer working from an office or want to come to an office time to time, you are also very welcome to our office in Istanbul.
We have offices and tech teams in Stockholm, Umeå, Malta, London and İstanbul. You will be working with the teams based in these offices and the people are working remotely, just like you will.
It all started in 2008. A bunch of talented entrepreneurs in a small office space in the World Trade Center in Stockholm – planning, designing and engineering what would become the work of their lives. Long days, sleepless nights and endless dedication is what led to the launch of the brand ComeOn! back in 2010. Not only was ComeOn! the very first brand launched in the group’s history but it would also be the name the company would have for the coming decade.
Fast forward to 2020 – after 12 years of operations – we rebranded and relaunched under our current name – ComeOn Group. This was a natural move for us to take considering the size of our organisation and our growing portfolio of brands. We are now an international employer with over 500 talented employees across 7 main locations, but for this position particularly, we are looking for someone who wants to work remotely, based anywhere within Turkey.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to help us build the best online gaming site and by best we mean it’s accessible, responsive, performance-friendly, scalable and test-driven. This is a great opportunity to join a tech hub for an international gaming company.
As a QA Engineer, you will quality assess and develop automation for the different whitelabels under our sites, identify buggy areas and find creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You will leave a lasting impact on the thousands of users that are using our sites and their suite of whitelabels for playing. You will be involved in defining the QA processes that the team uses. You will be working as a part of agile teams on all SDLC phases. As a person, you are proactive, open-minded and want to challenge yourself to learn and develop further.
As a QA engineer, you will participate in test case creation and execution activities.
- Analyze user stories and create test cases to cover all the different user combinations
- Execute test cases to identify bugs and improve the software quality
- Run regression tests for every release
- Writing and maintaining automation tests for new/existing features
- Estimate test activities to better gauge how long a test activity might take to complete
- Supports PO to breakdown epic stories into sizeable development chunks to ensure there is a stream of smaller tasks available for test
- Assist in planning and controlling the test environment to make sure test environments are in healthy condition for test activities
- Coordinate test activities during different phases of the project
- Communicating with all stakeholders to report the status of the test and to highlight any issues that might hamper the release
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Hands-on testing (UI, Usability, Functional and Integration)
- Experience of running the manual test tasks from the project start to finish. Reporting on progress in line with the processes and escalating issues and risks where appropriate
- Experience in the creation of test strategies with focus and maintenance of quality standards and validation techniques
- Experience with JIRA or similar test management tools
- Understanding of relational databases; working knowledge of SQL preferred
- No military obligation for male candidates
- Testing client /server-based web & mobile applications
- REST-API testing using Postman / SoapUI / REST-ASSURED or any other similar frameworks
- Experience on MongoDB or NoSQL databases
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Understanding of Cypress and Selenium test automation frameworks
- Experience working in agile methods like SCRUM / KANBAN
- No restriction to travel abroad