QA Platform Tester
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Quality Assurance (QA) Unit Testing Written and Oral English Communication
Our client offers innovative business solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the director or senior manager responsible for the project team;
- Carry out software, application and platform testing to ensure quality standards are met;
- Record test logs and report bugs in detail to superiors and the development team, while assigning a severity level for each bug;
- Make assessments of the tested solutions to ensure that they are ready to go live;
- Understand and communicate the risks of launching with bugs of difference severity levels;
- Provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements to provide the business with a competitive advantage;
- Utilise various structured testing techniques to ensure maximum efficiency and thoroughness;
- Have programming skills to better understand different types of bugs and vulnerabilities, such as those cause by injecting code through front-end facing forms;
- Understand the business needs to ensure that testing is carried out in line with the businesses goals;
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of every system tested;
- Provide Tier 1 support.
- Possess a degree or equivalent qualification in software development;
- Have knowledge of testing techniques and experience using them;
- Programming skills and knowledge of related concepts is required;
- Have at least 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Have a strong work ethic and be capable of working on your own initiative and in a team;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills (English is a must);
- Be good at communicating bugs or defects;
- Attention to detail with excellent logging and reporting skills;
- Be logical, analytical and a good problem-solver;
- Adapt quicky to unexpected changes;
- Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Driven to keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends.