Racebets - Frontend Software Engineer
Are you a Frontend Engineer with a passion for Frontend Development? Racebets is currently hiring for a developer to join the close-knit team.
Part of Betsson Group, Racebets is one of the biggest online bookmakers worldwide. The Development Team for the brand work in a fast-paced, fun and agile environment based in the heart of Malta – St. Julian’s!
The team are looking for someone who is not scared of pipping up and getting involved in the decisions when it comes to implementations – in fact they certainly encourage it as you will be part of an agile team laying down the foundations for the future codebase!
There are definitely no dull days as you will be building a unique, cross platform, B2B racing frontend framework from scratch and doing this all, while working on cutting edge technologies based on Vue.js and Typescript.
What’s in it for you?
You will be developing a diverse racing platform with micro-frontend like architecture using tools that are best for the job to create components that can be easily customized, white-labelled and embedded into any third-party websites.
Architecting and developing a new betting engine for horse racing with TypeScript is an amazing journey on its own.
You’re good at
- You know about OWASP and write secure and performance code… because you know how important it is.
- You do not need to know all data structures but those that are relevant for Front-end, e.g. DOM trees and understand how to work, traverse them.
- You are familiar (maybe some hands-on experience) with TypeScript, Vue, Apollo GraphQL Server & Client, SCSS.
- Communication skills are a must, especially during these times. We all have knowledge gaps in certain areas, and we communicate a lot to help each other.
- We use node extensively hence experience with running JS on the server-side is appreciated but is not required.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.