Radio Networks Engineer
Required SkillsBudgeting Communication Electrical Electronic Mobile Telephony Network Organizational Radio Teamwork
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the design, commissioning, optimisation and end-to-end quality of our radio and access networks which has been awarded multiple best network awards;
- Responsibility for our radio and access networks nodes and associated O&M platforms;
- Conduct configuration and commissioning activities of the 2G/3G/4G radio base station systems and access network elements;
- Participate in the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of new radio and access network elements including general system administration (backup, user access, system monitoring, disaster recovery operation and test lab maintenance);
- Assist the radio planning and optimisation engineers in the planning, optimisation and dimensioning of the radio and access network nodes and controllers to ensure adequate quality of service;
- Assist in the budget preparation of all elements related to radio and access network nodes;
- Provide support to field technicians/NOC in the troubleshooting of radio and access network systems;
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades/preventive maintenance across the 2G/3G/4G radio network elements in conjunction with the vendor and support teams in order to ensure service uptime and introduce new functionalities in the mobile network;
- Liaise with other teams in order to carry out the support function;
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable;
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- Possession of an MQF level 6 or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering of ICT;
- At least 1 year experience in a network engineering capacity;
- CCNA certification or willing to obtain it within 6 months of employment.
- Technical skills in radio system engineering, IP and troubleshooting preferably in a telecoms environment;
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications;
- An analytical approach to operational issues coupled with strong troubleshooting, organisational and communication skills;
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class-based and on the job training;
- Embody our ‘One Team’ value by being a great team player;
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.