Required SkillsAttention to Detail Customer Needs Customer Requirements Listening Meeting Planning
Our client is a leader in Hospitality and Healthcare.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the highest standards of care and service are delivered to our residents, whilst maintaining independence and choice in a homely environment;
- Promote excellent customer service at all times;
- Actively ensure the highest standard of care by supervising and participating in the teaching of students and other allocated staff, as required;
- Ensure the needs of each resident are assessed and that they receive the highest standard of care and service;
- See that each resident has an up to date and agreed care plan, which details the interventions necessary then evaluating and reviewing the care plans in line with policy;
- Evidence ongoing self-development, attend all statutory training sessions, and other training sessions, both clinical and professional development sessions to comply with professional requirements, making certain that personal practice remains evidence based;
- Take accountability for the medication rounds making sure that medication is administered strictly in line with Prime Care’s policies and procedures adhering to the CMN Code of Professional Practice and the CMN Guidelines for the Administration of Medications;
- Keep accurate records according to Prime Care‘s procedures, including resident’s folders, updating nursing notes with doctors’ and third party professional’s visits, noting residents’ hospital and other appointments, drug administration, accidents and incidents, and care planning;
- Assist the Senior Carer in the appraisal of care staff, identifying their training needs and promoting their personal and professional development;
- Be responsible for the health and safety of self, other staff, residents and visitors under the Health and Safety regulations;
- Report any hazards, potential hazards or defects to the person in charge or take other appropriate action;
- Knowledge of medical conditions including patient education;
- Experience in patient education specific to correct and safe use of walking aids, transfers and mobilisation specific to therapy instruction;
- Experience taking the medication rounds making sure that medication is administered strictly in line with Prime Care’s policies and procedures adhering to the CMN Code of Professional Practice and the CMN Guidelines for the Administration of Medications.
- Effective communicator with demonstrable evidence of leadership qualities;
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise;
- Flexible approach to working and supportive of staff;
- Reliable and trustworthy with a strong understanding of confidentiality.