Regulatory Reporting Manager
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail BA (Hons) Banking and Finance; Banking Communication Finance MFSA Multi-Tasking Organisational Regulatory Reporting Support Teamwork Time Management
Our client is a bank offering local and international corporate accounts and corporate lending for various sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for producing the full suite of regulatory reports (COREP / FINREP / MFSA / CBM) and the internal reporting of regulatory metrics;
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met within time frames and to the highest standard of accuracy, including the performance of regular data quality checks and relevant reconciliations;
- Review and challenge data inputs and outputs, ensure that regulatory information is prepared and disclosed in a consistent manner;
- Produce regulatory ratios on a daily basis or an ad-hoc basis upon a request from regulators or management, as well as projected ratios;
- Provide replies to queries received from the supervisory authorities or management;
- Be able to explain regulatory concepts and reporting requirements, including capital calculations, ratios and workings;
- Support initiatives to improve processes, controls and documentation;
- Support the development of regulatory reporting to accommodate business growth plans as well as manage project work relating to new regulatory reporting requirements;
- Maintain an up-to-date and detailed understanding of regulatory reporting requirements including applicable regulators’ guidance such as EBA Single Rulebook with accompanying Q&A, and ensure that these are reflected in policies and procedures, and regulatory reports;
- Lead and assist in the implementation of new regulatory reporting IT systems, including business analysis, user acceptance testing and maintaining user specifications / requirements;
- Provide guidance to junior finance staff and other departments on the interpretation of relevant prudential regulations.
- Ideally hold a banking or related degree level of qualification;
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar position;
- Have a good understanding of the CRR, CRD IV/V and MFSA banking rules;
- Previous experience in COREP / FINREP required;
- Have experience with Microsoft Office, especially in Excel;
- Previous experience within a credit or financial institution;
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting software would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Be attentive to detail;
- Have time-management skills.