Required SkillsBusiness Development Confidence Customer Requirements Marketing Plans Negotiation Organisational and Time Management Promotion Quotations Relationships Target Setting Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leader in distributing products to the African Market.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaising with procurement, accounts, delivery and warehouse teams;
- Soliciting orders from and selling the Company’s ship supplies, services and goods to all existent and future clients;
- Marketing and promoting the Company’s ship supplies services with the aim of generating new orders immediately or in the future;
- Establishing contacts with prospective clients, providing them with general and specialised information with the aim of selling the company’s ship supplies, services and goods;
- Reporting to the company’s management and providing relevant feedback and information derived at work that may assist in promoting and establishing new sales to existing or new clients or improving the Company’s services to clients;
- Ensuring that all customer enquiries or orders are dealt with, answered and satisfied in the most efficient manner to maximise on the potential of existing or possible clients;
Assisting the sales team and all other employees to maximise the Company’s sales;
- Assisting the Company management to control expenditure and maximise efficient use of resources;
Although the employee is designated her/his specific area of responsibility, s/he is expected to take an active interest, assist and contribute to all areas, including those falling under the responsibility of others;
- Collaborating and communicating with the rest of the Company employees and assisting in any way necessary for the efficient and effective execution of the Company’s business;
- Reporting accurately and clearly on activities undertaken;
Performing any other related duties or carry out any other task which may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Previous experience in a sales role;
- Complete secondary lever of education.
- Outgoing, friendly, self-motivated and organised person;
- Ideally with experience in business-to-business sales and an interest in working with international clients;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Smart, confident and able to negotiate and communicate well with clients, both in person and onboard vessels or by email and Zoom;
- Driving licence is necessary.