Senior Accounting Manager
Required SkillsAccount Management Coordination English Maltese Payroll Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a Boutique Accountancy and Audit firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide on-going support to a portfolio of clients;
- Establishing and managing the accounting department;
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts;
- Preparation of management accounts, analysis of variances and other ratios where the need arises;
- Provide consultancy and client support on VAT and Personal Taxation to clients;
- Provide Payroll Services to clients;
- Plan and prioritize own workload and that of the team to ensure that both internal and external targets/deadlines are achieved;
- Act as a point of reference on bookkeeping, complex and technical matters;
- Carrying out reviews of financial statements;
- Coaching and training of less experienced team members.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in Malta;
- The final stages of ACCA will be given preference but not a must;
- Must have experience in managing teams and an outgoing personality.
- Good communication, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably Maltese;
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision;
- Excellent management and multitasking skills.