Required SkillsAccounts Analytical Caseware
Our client is a leading organisation in accounting, audit, tax and financial planning services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to Audit Partner;
- Complete small audits with minimal supervision;
- Act as an in-charge of large audits and oversee the work performed by junior members of staff to ensure that the work is done is in accordance with the intern Audit Methodology;
- Work with the engagement management and team to create plans for accomplishing the engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risks;
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and assess client’s satisfaction;
- Monitor the progress of the engagement team against the plan and alter it when needed;
- Proactively monitor and address issues regarding billing and collections;
- Effectively utilize advanced capabilities of audit technology tools and other firm standard software to meet engagement objectives and enhance service delivery;
- Produce quality client correspondence;
- Communicate ideas/opinions and information to the audit team and listen/respond to other team members views;
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment;
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members;
- Be accessible and maximise the contribution of staff;
- Understand the Firm’s service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services;
- Be conscious of professional liability;
- Refer ethical, independence and conflict issues associated with clients and assignments to the Partner/Manager;
- Demonstrate project management skills and effectively manage their own time across different engagements;
- Develop an understanding of client industries and identify value added recommendations;
- Responsible to the engagement Partner/Manager for day to day client contact and conduct of audit work;
- To assist the manager in reviewing the audit work as well as financial statements for smaller entities within a Group;
- Any other task reasonably assigned to the staff member and within the skill set.
- Possess an Accountancy degree or a Business degree in Management or Banking and Finance and/or Insurance;
- At least 2 years of experience in audit, preferably within a big company or the Big 4.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Good report writing and interpersonal/communication skills;
- Team player, mature in thought and approach;
- Analytical mind as well as an eye for detail.