Senior Compliance Manager
We are looking for a new team member to join our Legal & Compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance professionals of different nationalities.
This role will expose you to a number of different areas such as gambling compliance, anti-money laundering, responsible gambling (RG), corporate governance, data privacy and consumer protection, etc. In participating in the different projects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders from various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
You will be working alongside other compliance personnel and will report to the Head of Data Privacy and Compliance Governance. You will be based in Malta.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
As a Senior Compliance Manager, you will be part of a small team focused on building a business-wise compliance governance structure in different areas. You will be acting as a link between the Legal & Compliance team on one end, and other relevant teams such as the Operations team, Governance, Risk & Compliance and Finance. Your main responsibility will be to take a lead in:
- Supporting Regional Compliance teams in drafting and updating relevant documents and policies in the area of AML/RG as well other compliance areas,
- Supporting the Operations Department in understanding relevant legal requirements coming from relevant laws and company policies and implementing the same,
- Assisting in the carrying out of risk assessments and audits, both internal and external on the RG, AML, Data privacy and other relevant areas,
- Building a compliance governance structure across the Group and in all markets where Betsson operates,
- Working on various Data privacy issues and constant improvement of the Privacy governance model of the Group,
- Supporting the Governance, Risk & Compliance team in different project/activities related to good governance,
- Taking part in other relevant tasks, such as trainings, etc.
You're good at
- You need to have a university degree in law, although qualifications in other areas may be considered if a candidate possesses relevant work experience,
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a compliance/legal environment (preferably in different compliance areas such as AML, Data privacy, Anti-corruption/bribery, etc.),
- Experience in the i-Gaming industry would be considered an asset but all persons with a keen interest in regulation and the online gaming industry will be considered,
- The successful applicant must be able to work in a dynamic and fast environment, adapt easily to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job,
- It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and are not averse to taking decisions once you have settled into the role,
- Your language skills are very important, and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing and to have excellent writing skills,
- Additional languages, such German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish are a plus,
- The ability to communicate in international business matters is important
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.