Senior GRC Manager
The GRC function in Betsson AB is now hiring a Senior GRC Manager.
About Betsson AB and overview of the role:
Betsson Group consists of Betsson AB (publ) and Betsson Operations. Betsson AB invests in companies which run online gaming businesses and Betsson Operations is the collective name for the investments, i.e. it consists of the companies Betsson AB have invested in that run online gaming businesses.
The function for Governance, Risk and Compliance shall drive the GRC-issues on behalf of the Board of Directors and senior management and inform, advice, control and follow-up to promote and secure sound governance, robust risk management and compliance with relevant rules and regulations, in all of Betsson Group.
The candidate we are now looking for has a legal background and a solid understanding and experience of regulatory compliance issues to take on the role as Senior GRC Manager. He or she will be responsible for driving and coordinating the GRC-issues together with the rest of the GRC-team, with a particular focus on and responsibility for regulatory compliance.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of and contribute to Betsson’s ground-breaking work to establish a new standard for GRC inspired by best practice in the iGaming industry and the financial industry. We offer a challenging role in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The main responsibilities will be:
- A functional responsibility within the GRC-function for regulatory compliance issues. The role will entail close collaboration with relevant stakeholders through-out the group, e.g. with Betsson Operation’s Legal and Compliance team, Responsible Gaming and AML/CFT teams and Information Security team. The responsibility will, amongst other things, entail:
a) Drive and coordinate the function’s need for regulatory intelligence and analysis pertaining to the regulatory compliance area,
b) Oversight and support in the development and maintenance of the group’s framework for regulatory compliance, ensuring it is at par with relevant standards and regulations,
c) Driving and coordinating the function’s support to the business organization in regulatory compliance issues in the form of advice, support to regulatory implementation projects, risk assessment, etc., but also when it comes to follow-up and monitoring of business activities and initiatives.
- Support the development, running and maintenance of the group wide Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Support senior management, as well as other relevant staff in the organization to secure proper management of the GRC-issues on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the Global GRC-function: Support and assist the Vice President for Governance, Risk and Compliance (VP GRC) in developing the GRC-function as well as the Betsson Group’s work with GRC-issues.
The position is based in Malta. You will report to the VP GRC who is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
The qualifications we are looking for:
We seek a senior GRC-professional with a legal background (law degree), who has been working with regulatory compliance issues as compliance officer or similar, preferably in the iGaming industry, otherwise in other relevant regulated industry, such as the financial sector. The successful candidate has at least 7-10 years experience from working hands-on with regulatory compliance, preferably in a large sized international company with operations and locations in several jurisdictions.
- A strong drive and interest for regulatory compliance issues, is a must.
- Specific experience and/or interest in laws and regulations relating to international e-commerce and trade, in general or pertaining to online gaming, is a merit.
- You are a skilled lawyer who is structured and analytical.
- You have high integrity and are pragmatic and solution oriented.
- You are a doer, with planning and organization skills, with a strategic mindset.You’re a team player and collaborative; a strong ability to build alliances across all parts of the organization is key. You have excellent communicative skills and are fluent in English (spoken, written).
Apply now via our career site. At Betsson we like differences. It’s clear for us that we benefit from diversity and that we as a company become stronger and more competitive when hiring people with varying backgrounds, experiences and cultures.