Senior Head Legal
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Communication Compliance Consultancy Coordination Law Monitoring Regulatory Teamwork
Our client is a company that supports government-owned estates.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to the Company;
- Guide Senior Management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations;
- Draft and review legal documents;
- Participate in contract administration activities relating to contract negotiations and renewals;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the Company’s policy;
- Administer all aspects of all contracts entered with tenants;
- Represent the Company in court as necessary;
- Monitor and coordinate leal matters / cases to ensure their swift and effective resolution;
- Anticipate and prevent legal action against the Company by taking appropriate resource;
- Support the Contracts, Legal, Compliance, Enforcement and other Company Units on legal matters related to the business;
- Assist in the drafting of policies and procedures relevant to the work of the Department;
- Keep abreast of policies and changes in legislation;
- Ensure that the Company’s requirements are compliant with legislation;
- Advise on State Aid and competition law;
- Attend meetings and briefings with tenants as well as with other Company personnel as necessary;
- Contribute towards the achievement of the objectives of the organisation;
- Prepare and present reports and other documentation in a timely and accurate manner to Senior Management as requested;
- Consult with CO and/or any other designated person in resolving issues and problems;
- Consult with CO and/or Legal Consultant and/or Chief Executive Officer when dealing with issues that are of a sensitive nature and/or of strategic importance;
- Perform any other duties related to the proper execution of the role as necessary, or other relevant duties as may be assigned.
- Be a qualified lawyer, with a warrant to practice under Maltese law;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification work experience;
- Previous experience in State Aid Law will be considered a plus.
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be attentive to detail;
- Be a team player.