Senior Integration Developer
Required SkillsApache2 APIs Communication Customer Needs Java REST API SOAP
Our client is a leading company of digital technology.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable integration implementation artifacts;
- Identify bugs and devise resolutions to these defects;
- Help to maintain code quality, organisation, and automation;
- Work across a suite of Mule applications or APIs, implementing integration solutions for various clients across varied industries;
- Perform hands-on installation, development, configuration, and troubleshooting of our solutions;
- Offer advice to project managers and/or senior team members regarding technical issues and development activities;
- Communicate regularly with project team members and escalate perceived risks or issues;
- Produce orderly technical documentation that clearly explains implementation artifacts;
- Participate in an agile delivery environment, using a scrum and/or kanban methodology;
- Attend standups, sprint-planning, retrospectives, developing as per epics, stories, and tasks;
- Adhere to defined guidelines and conventions;
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our company assets by making technical contributions and by providing critical updates from the field;
- Build trust with customers in our company ability to meet their business requirements;
- Travel to customer locations as needed, including international destinations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a software development orientated discipline or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong knowledge of Java and Spring Framework is essential
- Exposure to JavaEE will be considered a strong asset;
- Broad development experience delivering Java based software applications or services for real-world projects;
- Practical development experience with SOAP (ideally with CXF), REST (ideally with Spring) or Java Message Service (JMS);
- Any working knowledge of at least one integration platform or framework;
- Candidates with exposure to MuleSoft Anypoint Platform will be given first preference;
- Candidates with good exposure to Middleware, application networks and/or reusable applications, particularly Enterprise Service Buses (ESBs) will be given first preference.
- Strong knowledge of building and consuming APIs
- Exposure to cloud based products on AWS &/or Google Cloud Platform will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of data conversion, transformation and migration will be a strong asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (in English), additional languages will be considered an asset;
- Personable, trustworthy and approachable;
- Passionate about technology, driven by delivering customer focused solutions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proven desire for continual self development;
- Delegates effectively, ensures timely deliverables and manages change as needed;
- Willing to travel as needed;
- Respectful of peer feedback, and constructive criticism.