Sportsbook - BI Developer
Our Sportsbook team is looking for a BI Developer to join the team!
We offer a fun and challenging role in a collaborative and dynamic environment. The right candidate will form part of an experienced database team that will offer a lot of opportunities to learn and grow in the role. The role of Business Intelligence EngineerDatabase Administrator is new to the team and there is an exciting potential to expand this area within the team, to support our business requirements
The Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of Sportsbook Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results. BI Engineers also interact with various development teams, project managers and internal customers. Members of this role understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills. Individuals must work well within a team environment.
At Betsson Group we work with a Hybrid Work From Home (WFH) model, giving you the flexibility of working 2 days in the office and 3 days at home.
A taster of what you will be involved with:
- Design, develop, and implement Sportsbook analytic platform
- Maintain, monitor, and support Business Intelligence platform in Sportsbook
- Write, optimize, and maintain stored procedures
- Performance Tuning
- Co-ordinate and execute changes
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data integrity issues, performance issues, locking and blocking
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver accurate and timely insight to our business partners
- Implement operational automation
- Root Cause Analysis for production incidents related to BI platform
- Document necessary processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc)
- Use of other SQL monitoring tools such as Redgate
You’re good with
- The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable with proven experience in MSSQL 2008 – 2017
- Working experience with SSIS/SSAS/SSRS
- Experience using T-SQL
- Furthermore, the candidate should be comfortable communicating with developers and stakeholders on requirements, feeding back optimizations to ensure the database runs in the most efficient manner;
- Passion for data, learn and try new features that can help the company improve, give priority to performance improvement and system stability;
- Work experience in sports betting is considered an asset but candidates from all industries will be considered for the role.
The employee reports to the Lead Database Administrator of Sportsbook Technology.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your CV in English.