Required SkillsCommunication Computer Programming Linux Microservices Multi-Tasking Operations Oracle Organizational
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be part of the IT Operations team which is responsible for the operations and implementation of projects;
- Planning and implementing business and operational projects according to their requirements;
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure performance, capacity and availability, providing second and third level support for the resolution of incidents and operational issues;
- Resolve any outstanding issues within defined SLAs and involvement in subsequent problem management exercises;
- Implement supporting database and middleware capabilities to support software module development and operations;
- Perform black/grey box testing to identify and escalate bugs to the respective software development team;
- Research and test new technologies with the aim to keep innovation on the forefront across our systems;
- Implement and test disaster recovery scenarios including backup/restore and OS/Application cluster solutions;
- Roaster based 24/7 on-call responsibilities.
- Holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fields;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a system engineer and/or DevOps engineer;
- Good understanding of IT management concepts, ideally familiar with ITIL concepts
- System KPI monitoring and analysis to pin point improvements
- Working knowledge of database technologies and of scripting and/or programming languages with the aim to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time on any tasks;
- Good knowledge in supporting and maintaining Java Applications
- Working knowledge using Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX & Linux, OS base scripting;
- Working knowledge with Micro-Service architecture;
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP network protocol.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts into simple and actionable practices;
- Good understanding of the company’s organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes;
- Flexible to deal with changing priorities and projects in a short space of time;
- Strong time-management skills and capacity to work under pressure on multiple projects;
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practice and technology developments and innovation into day-to-day working;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Excellent analytical skills.