Tax Advisor (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAdvisory Client Networking Client Relations Communication Law Maltese TAX
Our client is a leading accounting and auditing firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Servicing a portfolio of local and international clients;
- Delivering quality assignments, meeting commitments, and building an open, collaborative relationship with our clients;
- Assisting to both our local and internationally operating client base in the area of direct taxation;
- Advising clients as to how they can maximise tax efficiency concerning their business structures and activities as well as the tax impact of corporate transactions and restructuring activities;
- Advising expatriate clients about their tax obligations in Malta;
- Preparing technical written tax opinions as required by the clients;
- Communicating clearly with clients and being able to understand their requirements;
- Keeping abreast with tax developments locally and internationally;
- Preparing news items and articles for our website;
- Assisting with business development initiatives.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Qualify as Law or accounting;
- Possess a good working knowledge of Malta’s tax law, EU directives and international developments in taxation and their practical implications;
- A good grasp of Maltese Corporate Law.
- Fluency in both English and Maltese (written and spoken);
- Additional languages will be given value;
- Be analytical and have sound problem-solving skills;
- Be a strategic thinker with excellent business acumen and strong domestic and cross border tax skills;
- Possess a strong work ethic and customer-centric focus;
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team.