Tax Compliance – Assistant Manager
Required SkillsAnalytical Compliance English Organizational TAX
Our client is a leading global provider of audit, finance, risk advisory, tax, consulting and related services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be exposed to a broad client base, both local and international;
- Review income tax returns and computations;
- Provide quality tax-related advice to your portfolio of local and international clients;
- Manage tax compliance for a portfolio of local and international clients;
- Handle the processing of income tax refund claims, including shareholder registrations;
- Liaise with the Inland Revenue Department on various compliance matters;
- Keep abreast with tax developments locally and internationally;
- Assist and pre-empt any potential business development initiatives;
- Contribute to tax advisory projects from time to time;
- Provide training to team members and to the wider tax function;
- Any other tax compliance related tasks as may be required.
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience in Malta’s tax law and its practical implications;
- Be in possession of a university degree or a masters in Accountancy, Law or hold the equivalent of an ACCA qualification;
- In a possession of a postgraduate qualification in tax or a tax related field and/or have relevant work experience in tax compliance will be given preference.
- Excellent command of English, both in writing and verbally;
- Self-motivated and possess interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills;
- Possess a strong work ethic and customer-centric focus;
- Be amenable to learning and developing him/herself continuously;
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team.