Tax Compliance Senior
Required SkillsClient Networking Communication Compliance English Maltese TAX
Our client is a leading accounting and auditing firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Established tax compliance team services a portfolio of both local and international clients;
- Assisting in tax compliance matters for a portfolio of both international and local clients;
- Preparing and/or reviewing of income tax returns and computations;
- Working on the process of income tax refund claims, including shareholder registrations;
- Communicating clearly with clients and being able to understand their requirements;
- Liaising with the Inland Revenue Department on various compliance matters;
- Keeping abreast with tax developments locally and internationally;
- Preparing news items and articles for our website;
- Any other tax compliance related tasks as may be required.
- Hold a qualification in accounting or are close to completing your accounting qualifications;
- Post-graduate qualification in taxation will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar environment with considerable exposure to tax compliance work;
- Experience in a client accounting role, ideally with a tax focus will be a plus;
- Possess a good working knowledge of both local and international tax law and its practical implications.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English and Maltese; Additional languages will be given value;
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team, to produce high-quality work;
- Can work in an organised manner whilst dealing with multiple deadlines;
- Possess a strong work ethic and customer-centric focus.