Required SkillsCFR (Cost and Freight) English Interpersonal Microsoft Office TAX Tax Returns VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading organisation in accounting, audit, tax, corporate services and business advisory.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Tax Partner through the Senior Executive – Tax;
- Working on tax advisory projects for local and international clients;
- The projects include but are not limited to international tax optimisation and structuring, asset protection, tax advice for trusts and foundations, investment funds, private clients, estate planning, taxation of companies, M&A, transfer, or IP;
- Handling the Maltese tax affairs of a number of local and international clients, including the preparation and filing of tax returns for corporate and private clients;
- Preparing tax refund forms and shareholder’s registration forms;
- Manage statutory filings with CFR on behalf of clients;
- Assisting in the preparation of articles, newsletters, and other marketing materials;
- Advising clients on the impact of changes to domestic legislation and how this may affect their business.
- Holding a degree in accountancy, law, or in a similar field, preferably with a specialisation in taxation;
- At least 3 years’ experience within a tax centric environment;
- Experience in preparing and submitting tax returns and tax refund applications would be highly desirable;
- Further specialisation in tax will be considered an asset (Masters in Tax, ADIT, MIT Tax Specialisation)/
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Good knowledge of Maltese tax legislation;
- Proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn to operate company-specific software if required;
- Ability to work well with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames;
- Attention to detail and ability to think outside the box;
- A flexible approach to work.