Required SkillsACCA Communication GAPSME IFRS Microsoft Office Monitoring Payroll Prioritizing VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading organisation in accounting, audit, tax, corporate services and business advisory.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Partner managing the accounting department;
- Committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients;
- Supervising and monitoring the work prepared by the team to ensure established policies and procedures are always followed;
- Providing excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt feedback to their requests and queries;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines;
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
- Handling accountancy, payroll and VAT services for an assigned portfolio of clients;
- Assisting in the formulation of professional development and educational plans for members of staff;
- Providing an on the job learning experience sharing meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
- Establishing and enforcing proper Accounting methodology, policies, and principles;
- Assisting the Partner managing the Accounting department to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting;
- Supervising and overseeing the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Holding a University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a client accounting role;
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards;
- Experience working with payroll software and QuickBooks will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge in either taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy and have a good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines;
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Be result oriented, responsible, highly meticulous and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.