Assistant Financial Controller (Maltese Speaking)
Required Skills.NET Analytical Attention to Detail Budgeting Communication Forecasting Leadership Maltese Management Accounts Microsoft Office Payroll Report Writing Teamwork Training Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company of domestic appliances.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, reports, and forecasts;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting standards;
- Manage a small team and provide guidance, training, and leadership;
- Oversee daily financial operations and transactions to ensure accuracy and timeliness;
- Assist in budgeting and variance analysis, identifying areas of improvement;
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations and reports for executive management;
- Engage with auditors, tax departments, and other external stakeholders as required;
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other departments, banks, suppliers whilst fostering a collaborative environment;
- Take part in Business Intelligence and Internal control development and monitoring;
- Oversee the payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely payment to employees.
- Be a Qualified accountant (ACCA, B.Hons in Accountancy or equivalent) with a strong understanding of financial principles and/or an in-progress ACCA qualifications;
- Be proficient in the use of financial software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel;
- Be fluent in Maltese and English;
- Proven experience in financial management, preferably in a leadership role will be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Be a team-player;
- Have Leadeship skills.