Required SkillsAudit Communication IFRS Microsoft Office Oral Communication Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading global provider of audit, finance, risk advisory, tax, consulting and related services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational;
- Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development;
- Develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services;
- Offer insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience in the entity's sector;
- Identify the audit approach to be taken from an early stage and checks that adequate resources are identified that have the required skills, knowledge and experience to perform the work;
- Involve team members in the planning process and where required guide more junior members of the team in their prioritization;
- Provide on the job learning giving meaningful feedback promptly;
- Prioritize appropriately and make or implement contingency plans where necessary;
- Perform join activities with specialists early in the audit to identify risks, understand relevant controls and substantive procedures, agree on the division of responsibilities, including planned tests of IPE, and prepare scoping memos;
- Suggest mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements, apply professional skepticism to consider the broader impact on our audit;
- Run file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit, choosing an appropriate file structure for each engagement;
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and other IAS's when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls;
- Able to provide audit team and clients with a critical view and recommendations;
- Active in knowledge management by monitoring/providing input to internal databases;
- Be regarded as a specialist in the audit approach.;
- Applying the knowledge to improve the efficiencies of the audit process and to address the risks associated with the assignment.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- An ACA, ACCA or BA Accty qualification or equivalent;
- Experience and evidence of business development;
- Proven audit management experience;
- Deep knowledge and experience of IFRS and ISA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence;
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Good team player.