Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Compliance Due Diligence English MFSA Multi-Tasking PQ Proactive Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company in financial services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place by the firm to comply with its obligations in accordance with the requirements of the standard license conditions and the actions taken to address any deficiencies on a regular basis;
- Advise and assist the relevant persons responsible for carrying out investment services to comply with the firm’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- Act as the contact point between the firm and the MFSA as regards matters of compliance and other related matters;
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and associated EU directives;
- Maintain effective relationships with the MFSA and other governmental bodies/agencies;
- Identify key regulatory, conduct and operational risks and implementing mitigation strategies;
- Develop and implement an appropriate compliance strategy;
- Develop appropriate client on-boarding/KYC policies, procedures and systems;
- Advise, assist, monitor and assess compliance with non-financial regulatory obligations;
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of systems and controls, in line with regulatory requirements and ‘best practices’;
- Identify and implement plans for the remediation of weaknesses and deficiencies;
- Ensure that governance and management responsibilities are clearly identified and updated accordingly;
- Provide regulatory advice across the different business lines;
- Ensure compliance responsibilities are taken seriously, and a compliant culture is embedded within all levels of the business;
- Be responsible for ensuring complaint handling procedures are compliant with regulatory requirements;
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved;
- Prevent regulatory fines and penalties;
- Advise the senior management team and all employees where necessary of emerging compliance issues, implementation, and operation of compliance programs;
- Give full support and guidance to line managers on all MFSA matters;
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring program, identifying, assessing, monitoring, and reporting all material compliance risks;
- Responsible for the development and implementation compliance procedures, ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met;
- Filing of appropriate compliance reports with MFSA and other regulatory bodies by due dates;
- Preparation of management reports regarding compliance operations for senior management and the board;
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of employee training on compliance matters, including internal policies and procedures, the application of standards and guidelines, and relevant laws and regulatory requirements, promoting and enhancing a strong compliance culture.
- Candidates who are previously PQ’d will be given preference;
- Knowledgeable of Mifid2 and MFSA rules;
- Experience in CFD business.
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to multi-task;
- Able to work under pressure.