Required SkillsAttention to Detail Business Development Coaching Coordination Law Monitoring Negotiation Operations Reporting Strategy Target Setting Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the European Underwriting function to ensure the achievement of business results, profitable growth and a client focused service aligned to strategic objectives;
- Ensure company's profitable growth in line with the agreed business plan;
- Increase the market share and market awareness of company products and assist with the development and delivery of new service offerings in Europe;
- Responsible for ensuring that the European operations successfully deliver overall development of both the business and the staff;
- Continuously improve the Maltese Office and make any necessary changes in operational capability to ensure an even higher standard of performance, whilst meeting MFSA and other regulatory requirements;
- Company Values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions;
- Build and maintain strong relationship with clients, solicitors, brokers, business partners and colleagues through presentations, meetings, corporate events while offering and exploring product opportunities;
- Utilise a high degree of commercial awareness to drive negotiations and relationships surrounding complex risks to ensure plans contribute to the company’s growth and development as a competitive force in the marketplace;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with foreign re-insurers, sales team and other functions of the business to ensure the smooth running of the Maltese office.
- Experience in a similar role as General Manager within insurance or brokerage;
- Proven ability in delivering business strategy and success in service delivery;
- Senior level technical and business management acumen, underwriting skill and knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures;
- Experience of dealing with the MFSA and knowledge of real estate would be advantageous.
- Results orientated and tenacious having the ability to be clear and focused on achieving the end result even when faced with repeated external obstacles;
- Able to effectively negotiate and influence key decision makers within client organisations;
- Creativity in understanding the clients needs and designing bespoke solutions;
- Strong analytical, judgement and decision making skills;
- Ability to effectively assess complex risk;
- Ability to organise own time and prioritise workload;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Independent and able to work on own initiative.