Junior Legal Counsel - Payments
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Junior Legal Counsel- Payments.
Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal Team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially-focused legal advice and support. You will be assisting and support the Legal team in developing templates, implementing processes, and delivering legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation. Along with working closely with the rest of the Legal Team and will provide support to the Compliance team and rest of the business, particularly the Payments team as well as other teams and business areas as needed.
You will be based in Malta and report to the Legal Business Partner for Customer Operations.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
- Partnering closely with the rest of the organisation and structuring and drafting (as well as aiding where necessary in the negotiation) a variety of agreements and documents relating to Payments and KYC and other business operations involving Betsson Group.
- Negotiating directly with external providers on drafting contracts and ongoing contract management for Payments and KYC.
- Advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on a wide range of legal issues associated with their commercial operations, with an emphasis on structuring and implementation of business transactions.
- Identify legal issues, provide analysis of legal risks, and create and implement solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
- Assist and support the Legal team in developing templates, implementing processes, and delivering legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation.
- Retain and manage outside legal counsel to ensure cost-effective representation.
You're good at
- Qualified lawyer
- 3 years of relevant experience, either as in-house legal counsel in an international company with experience in reviewing and drafting commercial contracts (in particularly Payments and KYC contracts), or from a reputable law firm with international exposure
- Experience in providing guidance to an international business, project management and handling legal issues.
- Ability to negotiate, draft and close commercial transactions by providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with an ability to act decisively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a team player, able to provide support to others when needed.
- Excellent command of the English language.
What’s in it for me?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depends on you and your advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in our company. You will join a highly skilled and tight knit team in a fun environment with people from different backgrounds.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.