Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Business Communication Contract Negotiation Documentation Law Microsoft Office Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a multi-disciplinary firm that offers corporate services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Head of Legal;
- Drafting and reviewing of various contracts mainly based on Maltese company law, civil law and employment law;
- handling complex and material corporate, project and structured finance transactions;
- Liaising with regulators including the Tax Authorities, Registrar of companies and the MFSA where necessary;
- Drafting and implementation of documentation in relation to corporate governance and compliance obligations;
- Ensuring that requests from clients and colleagues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assisting clients in various corporate, employment, tax, general business law needs, or other legal aspects relating to their operations in or through Malta.
- Holding a degree in Law from the University of Malta;
- Master’s Degree in law with a focus on corporate and commercial law;
- Fully qualified Lawyer with a warrant to exercise the legal profession in Malta;
- Experience in aviation and shipping will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Have an analytical mind;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to prioritize, work fast and independently with minimal supervision;
- Pro-active approach and able to work on own initiative and under pressure;
- Attention to detail and highly organized;
- Willing to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to high-end clients and other professional counterparts.