Lawyer – Financial Services (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Client Relations English Maltese Organisational and Time Management Teamwork
Our client is a leading law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide advice to clients of the firm on aspects of funds regulation, investment services regulation, banking regulation and insurance and pensions regulation, both at licensing stage and on an ongoing basis;
- Provide advice to clients of the firm on transactional matters in relation to regulated entities, including acquisitions and financings;
- Work with team members and manage client relationships, under the supervision of the partners of the firm responsible for regulatory practice area;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Hold a Law degree from the University of Malta (Doctor of Laws or Master of Advocacy), with a warrant to practice under Maltese law;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Detailed understanding of any one or more of the areas of financial services regulation set out above;
- Fluency in Maltese and English, both written and verbal.
- Be deadline driven, with a proactive approach;
- Be able to deliver tasks with high attention to detail;
- Willing to follow training and focus on continuing professional development;
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure.