Lawyer – Real Estate and Construction (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Contract Negotiation English Law Maltese Microsoft Office Organisational and Time Management Self-motivation
Our client is a leading law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the negotiation and drafting of real estate and construction contracts;
- Provide legal advisory services to the clients of the firm on aspects of real estate, construction and civil law;;
- Provide legal services in connection with high profile transactions for developers, principals, contractors, major subcontractors and leading consultants and advisors both locally and internationally;
- Work closely with a variety of other technical advisers on major projects in order understand and address both legal and practical issues that arise in projects;
- Able to draft, review and advise on promise of sale agreements; contract of sale, lease agreements and other related property issues;
- Work with team members and manage client relationships, under the supervision of the partners of the firm responsible for the Real Estate and Construction practice areas;
- Assist with drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- Participate and assist in complex disputes relating to real estate transactions and construction disputes.
- Liaise with professional advisors and regulatory bodies;
- Conduct legal research on various points of law and providing consolidated legal opinions on queries;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Hold a Law degree from the University of Malta (Doctor of Laws or Master of Advocacy), with a warrant to practice under Maltese law;
- Candidates with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role will be given preference;
- Have detailed understanding of Maltese Civil Law and Commercial Law;
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of the FIDIC Books is an asset;
- Previous experience in arbitration or before the Maltese Courts will be considered a bonus;
- Detailed knowledge of Maltese planning law is considered a bonus;
- Fluency in Maltese and English, both verbal and written;
- Be IT literate, with experience and good working knowledge of MS Office and other major software applications.
- Be deadline driven, with a proactive approach;
- Be self-motivated and able to deliver tasks with high attention to detail;
- Willing to follow training and focus on continuing professional development;
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.