Materials Development Chemist
Required SkillsBachelor Degree Communication
Our client is a leader in innovative engineered solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new rubber compounds to meet the ever-increasing needs in the markets we operate across the globe;
- Design mixing processes to achieve optimum processing properties;
- Provide rubber compound technical service to customers and our sites;
- Compile technical literature/documentation for promotion purposes;
- Perform quality testing of finished products and report results in a timely manner;
- Test replacement or new raw materials and accept or reject based on internal results;
- Assist the Development Technician, Quality technician or Quality Director as required;
- Ensure compliance with ISO 14001, IATF 16949 and OHSAS 18001;
- Develop and update Chemical Raw Material Specifications.
- Holding a Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Chemistry;
- Experience in rubber compound development and processing will be an asset.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Highly meticulous and able to accurately record results;
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Proactive and have exceptional follow-through.