Senior Analyst – Compliance
Required SkillsCompliance Law Monitoring MQF Risk analysis Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a bank.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with team members, provide guidance for them and oversight of the Watch Regulatory function;
- Monitoring of regulatory developments and identifying, on time, relevant legislation to ensure compliance with legislative initiatives impacting the Bank and its subsidiaries;
- Identifying the detailed requirements stemming from legislation, as well as the relevant business areas that are impacted by such requirements;
- Carrying out an impact assessment and communicating the requirements including applicable timeframes;
- Providing regulatory interpretation, training, and guidance to the business areas, as required, and participating in consultations issued by the regulatory authorities, as applicable;
- Supervise and participate, as appropriate, in on-site reviews and guide team members accordingly;
- Design the compliance monitoring plan for our Group and ensure that the plan is implemented following the established schedule;
- Review the plan to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the regulatory requirements that will be assessed, as well as proposing recommendations for improvement;
- Discuss conclusions with senior management, contributing to reporting while overseeing oversight initiatives and continuously evaluating effectiveness;
- Provide advice on changes needed to address existing weaknesses and/or deficiencies to meet those regulatory obligations.
- Holds a 6 level MQF Degree or an equivalent professional qualification related to Law, Banking or Investment Services;
- A minimum of 7 years' working experience in the analysis, interpretation, and monitoring of Regulation preferably in a Risk or Compliance function;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Regulatory Developments;
- Possess strong knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards;
- Excellent leadership, and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within tight time frames;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.