Senior Associate (Maltese Speaking)
Our client is a modern, sophisticated legal practice.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the Corporate, Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions team;
- Be in charge of advising, structuring and handling a wide spectrum of complex corporate transactions;
- Be exposed to a wide variety of business undertakings, both local and foreign-controlled, listed and unlisted;
- Advising on a wide spectrum of corporate issues;
- Advising on appropriate corporate governance structures and on-going governance obligations and best practices;
- Assisting with the implementation of corporate structuring and restructuring exercises;
- Contributing to legal due diligence exercises;
- Drafting and reviewing of corporate documents, agreements and company announcements;
- Drafting and reviewing of financing agreements;
- Co-ordinating or monitoring the satisfaction of conditions precedent;
- Leading and managing the completion of transactions;
- Organizing engagements and workflows;
- Leading and coordinating business development initiatives;
- Managing client relationships;
- Developing and contributing towards the development of the organization’s knowledge base, by giving on-the-job training, participating in academic initiatives and publishing articles and analyses;
- Developing and contributing to the organization’s traineeship program through mentoring and training initiatives.
- At least 4 years' experience in a similar role;
- Holder of a warrant to practice as an Advocate;
- A post-graduate degree in a related area would be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Maltese;
- Ability to prioritize, work fast and independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail and highly organized;
- Command of any other languages would be considered an asset.