Senior Audit Associate
Required SkillsACCA Attention to Detail Audit BA (Hons) Bachelor Degree Bachelor of Accountancy Documentation English GAPSE GAPSME IFRS Leadership Multi-Tasking Planning and Scheduling Research Self-motivation Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading accounting and auditing firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Run financial statements, including the inclusion of the bill;
- Ensure that the audit meeting is set up in a timely manner in liaison with the Administrator/PA, and that all documentation is prepared prior to the meeting;
- Update ongoingly the firm’s Annual Compliance Review by ensuring the receipt of all signatures from the client, filing of same documentation in the audit file, and confirming with respective internal departments that the submissions with Authorities are complete;
- Follow up with Financial information which is sent by email, so that signatures are received on a timely basis;
- Where impractical to set up a meeting to discuss any audit issues, alternative means of communication should be applied, including video conferencing. As much as possible, written documentation of any limitations and queries arising during the audit would be kept, followed by verbal communication;
- Any weaknesses encountered during the audit process, particularly in situations where the Firm takes care of the inhouse accounting of the client, communicate at all times the weaknesses encountered to the Accounts Department, and also follow up on the Management Letter;
- Any updates to the company’s profiles and structures should be reflected in due diligence software. Any updates, weaknesses in the client’s systems and other situations leading to possible fraud should be communicated with Engagement Partner and MLRO, and document accordingly in due diligence software;
- Take overall responsibility of clients being allocated including chasing of documentation before allocation deadline, and ensure that these are done on time, without incurring any penalties. If clients are not co-operating, after the associate takes all necessary steps including the use of telephone and emails, the associate should communicate immediately with his/her superiors for action to be taken, and updating the internal software with the change in deadline taking place;
- Chase debtors and collect funds, for clients allocated to the associate;
- Carry out reviews of small audit assignments together with assisting the audit department, as may be required;
- Assist subordinates in any matters of a technical nature as the needs require;
- Ensure that the necessary clearances are obtained, and that the onboarding procedures are in place, together with the engagement letter;
- Ensure all the necessary searches are in hand, such as Public Registry, MBR, amongst others;
- Carry out the necessary research;
- Keep updated on technical and other developments;
- Promote the firm’s set-up.
- Be ACCA qualified or have equivalent qualification;
- Have previous experience in Auditing;
- Have strong knowledge of GAPSE, GAPSME, IFRS and International Auditing Standards;
- Be fluent in the English language (both written and spoken).
- Ability to identify, report and handle sensitive issues;
- Capable of working within a team, inspire, mentor and manage a team of individuals working to demanding deadlines;
- Be smart, highly motivated, and well presented;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to multitask;
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure.