Senior Business Analyst
Required SkillsCommunication Organisational and Time Management Organizational Record Keeping Strategy
Our client is a private transportation company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with the technical and BI departments;
- Determine and execute monetisation strategies for both data assets and the interconnected hardware and software components used to offer the data solutions product portfolio;
- Identify existing or new areas of potential revenue or cost saving opportunities while evaluating risks and rewards of sharing Malta Public Transport data assets;
- Execute a monetisation strategy for the company data solutions portfolio and associated technologies including hardware, software, services and data assets;
- Meet with potential customers and stakeholders to promote and sell digital services linked with our data and products;
- Utilise available data to explore new business avenues or opportunities, and developing sound business cases with the support of other departments;
- Drive revenue opportunities for data products in the market;
- Evaluate investments and acquisitions of additional data sources that would complement the existing data sources or enhance their analytical results;
- Communicate findings to relevant managers and advise stakeholders in decision making;
- Product research and explore new ways of using data to deliver added business value;
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to ensure the successful implementation of the monetisation strategy;
- Collaborate with the commercial team to ensure post-launch deliverables respect the monetisation strategy and timeline;
- Work closely with technical teams to develop and implement the solutions required to provide data services sold in the data solutions portfolio;
- Collaborate with the business intelligence team to ensure data is collected and presented in such a way that is aligned with the monetization strategy;
- Drive integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions, including marketing, sales, customer support, pricing, and revenue management;
- Create and implement in collaboration with internal stakeholders a methodology that correctly identifies, validates, prioritises and documents companies’ key business and operational data use cases.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree ideally within statistics, mathematics or IT;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a high element of autonomy;
- Experience with different data monetisation strategies, specifically with delivering software as a service.
- Strong business and commercial acumen;
- Successful track record of bringing new services/software/data technologies to market;
- Technology-driven, with significant exposure to innovative and cutting-edge services or businesses;
- Self-motivated with strong sales and inter-personal skills for selling ideas and services/products to peers and managers;
- Understanding of transport related data and trends is considered an asset;
- Proven understanding and experience in disrupting established markets;
- Positive can-do attitude, able to influence change in the culture related to value of data across the organisation.