Senior Consultant – Accounting and Internal Control
Required SkillsAdvisory Audit Bachelor of Accountancy Interpersonal Reporting Risk Management
Our client is a leading global provider of audit, finance, risk advisory, tax, consulting and related services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be part of the Accounting and Internal Control team with a focus on IT and specialised assurance;
- Work under the direction and supervision of a manager will be expected to contribute towards the planning of assurance and advisory engagements, and have overall responsibility for the execution of work programs and subsequent reporting;
- Improve processes and procedures in areas such as governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance and technology;
- Assist organisations and businesses in general in reducing, managing and mitigating a wide range of risks, enabling them to take intelligent and well-informed risk decisions;
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and in-scope processes. Identifying key risks and mitigating controls;
- Develop and update risk-based audit programs;
- Perform assignments from beginning to end with limited supervision (identification of risks, controls, weaknesses, recommendations, best practices, sampling, reporting, etc.);
- Ability to evaluate internal control design issues, develop mitigation plans/recommendations, and assess and design internal controls procedures and policies;
- Document work performed and findings in a robust and structured manner in line with firm methodology and relevant guidance;
- Drafting reports, including communicating findings to management;
- Coach junior members of the team and supervise their work on the field.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar area;
- Experience in external or internal audit roles with hands-on experience in General IT Controls will be considered an asset;
- Experience with delegating to, coaching and supervising the work of more junior team members;
- Experience in Service Organisation Control (SOC) engagements will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of IT Management Frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, etc.) will be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding report writing skills;
- Strong customer service vocation;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with staff at all organisational levels;
- Attention to detail and strong administrative skills;
- Analytical, stable, and logical thinker.