Senior Corporate Manager
Required SkillsAnalytical Client Relations Coaching Communication Corporate Services KPI Reporting Law Leadership Oral Communication Organisational and Time Management Portfolio Management Problem Solving STEP Qualification Time Management VAT
Our Client is a provider of trust and corporate services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Day to day running of a trust and corporate administration team’s portfolio of clients, including but not limited to superyachts, aircraft, property, investments, holding companies, trusts and foundations;
- Maximise employee’s performance and enhancing the team’s technical knowledge, efficiencies and productivity;
- Assist in guiding, mentoring, developing and motivating the team to reach their full potential within the Company;
- Set team objectives and carry out performance reviews and appraisals meetings together with the Client Services Director;
- Assist the Company directors in strengthening client relationships;
- Work very closely with the Client Services Director in handling complex client company transactions, review of relevant agreements and documentation, as well as carry out a risk assessment analysis for discussion with the directors and MLRO;
- Ensure that all procedural manuals, relevant laws, guidelines, regulations and codes of practice are followed in all aspects of the role. i.e. client and non-client related;
- Keep up to date with industry developments, guidelines, codes of practice and relevant laws and guiding the team accordingly;
- Liaise with other departments regarding accounting, taxation and operational matters and discuss / provide solutions;
- Liaise with clients and intermediaries both by telephone and in writing;
- Attend client and intermediary meetings, with the potential of travel;
- Assist team members with queries being encountered and, in the resolution, thereof, by means of a methodical approach;.
- Provide cover for other trust administration team members and managers in times of absence;
- Manage a trust and corporate administration team and provide guidance on managing the day to day workload;
- Ensure that team members receive the necessary assistance and training in order to carry out their roles to the best of their ability;
- Set team objectives;
- Complete annual appraisals and probation reviews and provide support to the sub-team leaders;
- Responsible for escalating matters to the Client Services Director, as appropriate;
- Ensure that all team members within the trust and corporate administration team meet efficiency targets, where relevant;
- Ensure all team members meet their KPI’s and department deadlines;
- Resolve any conflicts which may arise within the trust administration team and escalating them appropriately;
- Identify and implement best practices and efficiencies.
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in the Trust and Corporate Services industries;
- Previous experience in managing people;
- Have a higher degree of education;
- Have a relevant professional qualification i.e. STEP Diploma, ICSA Diploma or equivalent;
- High level knowledge of legal and regulatory framework operating in Malta and other territories, including anti-money laundering provisions and relevant fiduciary laws, etc.;
- Previous experience of managing own portfolio of clients.
- Have business writing and numeracy skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills.