Senior Data Engineer
Required SkillsAnalytical Communication Data Analysis Data Gathering Data Warehouse Oracle Reporting TestProject
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be part of the Business Intelligence Team;
- Capture DWH Development Requirements from both business and technical meetings;
- Manage BI demands from business units, rationalise demand and proactively identify best solutions for BI Team needs;
- Manage data management activities from source system to target;
- Use all sources of data to improve the analytical capability for the company;
- Continuously improve business knowledge and knowledge on BI Systems through training and self-development;
- Enhance and Develop New Data-Warehouse Code using Oracle Data Integrator Mappings and PLSQL;
- Carry out system monitoring, perform code optimisation and preventive maintenance;
- Carry out Data Validation and Data Mining Analysis;
- Perform Analysis, Design, Development and Testing on New and Existing User Requests, Projects and new DWH integrations;
- Create Detailed Documentation of New and Existing Internal System Processes.
- Holding an IT Degree or a Relevant Degree in the Area;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DWH Engineer;
- Highly competent in Oracle PL/SQL development or equivalent;
- Having experience in Data warehousing tools such as Oracle Warehouse Builder, SSIS or SSAS and Data Mining is considered as an asset;
- Competence in BI reporting tools such as SAP Business Objects or QlikView will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Ability to plan work accurately whilst maintaining a certain degree of flexibility in order to deliver on Project Requirements;
- Good Analytical and Communication Skills;
- Ability to work and deliver in a dynamic agile environment;
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills.